An Inclusive Society based on Equality and Equity
Pak Ever Bright Development Organization (PEDO) is a non government, non for profit, non political, social welfare and development organization based in Peshawar, Khyber Pakhtunkhwa, Pakistan. PEDO was established by well known social development practitioners and human rights advocates from all corners of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa in 2004. PEDO was registered in 2009 under Societies Act 1860.
- Advocate society about the rights of persons with disabilities through awareness campaigns and demonstrations.
- Inclusion of persons with disabilities in overall development process through lobbying with policy makers in public, private and development sector
- Empowerment of persons with disabilities through training and counselling
- Development of Accessible environment though awareness raising and consultations
- Creating bridge between persons with disabilities and facilities of health, education and livelihood through promoting accessible information
Mainstreaming of Persons with Disabilities in the Society
- Strive for inclusiveness
- Create a culture of non-discrimination
- Follow Win-Win Approach through expression of thoughts, feelings, beliefs and opinions in ways that are direct, honest and appropriate
- Support each other by embracing opportunities without prejudice
PEDO is envisioned to advocate the society about the rights of persons with disabilities; lobbying with policy makers in public, private and development sector for inclusion of persons with disabilities in overall development process; raising awareness and conducting consultations for empowerment of persons with debilitates; counselling development of accessible environment; and promoting accessible information by creating bridge between persons with debilitates and facilities of health, education and livelihood.
In broader terms, PEDO’s scope of work includes networking among stakeholders at state and international level initiating from the grass roots level; leadership training of persons with disabilities, independent living training for persons with disabilities, disability awareness training for development and corporate organizations, providing accessibility consultancies, bridging to a referral system for persons with disabilities to reach assistive devices, employment, health and education; and exercising outreach and need analysis in the rural areas of Pakistan.
From evolution of PEDO to date, several endeavors were initiated in order to facilitate the efforts of provision of rights to the persons with disabilities. Out of which, many initiatives were proven very beneficial in terms of make the right real. A significant highlight is development of disability job portal, the first of its kind of job portal in Pakistan which will specifically serve persons with disabilities to get job opportunities, available in various sectors of the country. Another highlight is PEDO as the voice of the persons with disabilities in enormously contributed in the development of Disability Bill of Pakistan, which is in the process of enactment.
Get in Touch